Attorney Profile – Courtney Newsom
Courtney Newsom is an attorney in the Los Angeles office. Her practice focuses on insurance coverage and civil defense litigation. She has prior experience working for an insurance defense appellate firm and for a mediation clinic where she mediated California Fair Employment and Housing disputes.
Mrs. Newsom is a graduate of Loyola Law School. During law school, she was a Note and Comment Editor for the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review and represented the school at the 2013 National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition in New York where her team earned a best brief award among 73 competing law schools. She was also selected to intern for the Honorable Richard L. Fruin, Jr. of the Los Angeles County Superior Court and for the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2013
- University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2002
- State Bar of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern, and Eastern, Districts of California
- Professional Associations
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- No Free Ride: An Equitable Remedy to Protect Homeowners’ Associations from Delayed Foreclosures, 46 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 361 (2013)
- Free to Discriminate: Coleman v. Court of Appeals of Maryland Leaves States with an Incentive to Hire Men Over Women, 46 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 755 (2013)